Saturday, March 7, 2015

Melbourne-Tasmania-Melbourne part 1

I know I mentioned in my previous post that I will be blogging as I go along but I didn't manage to. Sorry. I was so busy running around the whole day, the only time I have was to just Instagram. I bought their Australian prepaid SIM card that limits me on the data, that's one reason. However, they do have free wifi at certain spots in their CBD area but I am always on the go so I didn't bother to sit on a spot to get their wifi; so that's the other reason. But not to worry I will do a throwback posts on my vacations that I enjoyed so very much.

Day 1-3 Melbourne:

Melbourne is such a beautiful city with all their magical laneways and coffee; haha. I am not sure whether I can write better than I show you with pictures but please just bare with me.

So this was how we started off. We had a night flight at 9.15pm from Singapore to Melbourne; we then arrived at 7.30ish am in Melbourne. Checked in, drop our luggages and set off to have breakfast at xpressmondo located at degraves st.

We were able to walk there with ease because we stayed at one of the CBD hotel. So convenient. The Coffee at xpressmondo was good but their breakfast was just ok. Not a bad experience, we enjoyed it. 
After our breakfast we went around centre place laneway, flinders st and just walk around the city and enjoy the breeze. 
I went to check out Royal arcade and tried the macarons there. There is always a place in my tummy for dessert. I tried the pistachios and green tea. The safe flavors to try it first at a new place. It's sweet but it's good. 


We went to Chinatown, nothing much for shopping but lots of good Chinese restaurants.
I think it was the next day or so, we went to try at one of the restaurants at Chinatown called spicy fish. I think they do Szechuan style dishes. The other dishes like green beans and all was good but I don't recommend the spicy diced chicken because the flavors are not fully infused into the chicken.

                                                  
Day 2-3, are more exploring, shopping and eating for but I hope I can be more precise in my post as I blog about it.

For now I will just leave it at this. I just got back early this morning from Melbourne. So lazy and just want to rest.

But just to summarize my trip in short, I stayed at Melbourne for the first three days and then fly off to Launceston, Tasmania and stayed there for about 5 days 4 nights driving the scenic area. Then left from Hobart, Tasmania for melbourne again and stayed there for the remaining of my trip.

Stay tuned for my next post as I tell you more about my trip. Cheers.







No comments:

Post a Comment